Take the road to the legendary Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle. On the road we will visit Sinaia, “The Pearl of the Prahova Valley” with it’s magnificent Peles Castle, the Royal’s family summer residence built in Bavarese style. Then we will head to Brasov City, which still keeps the medieval atmosphere of the times long forgotten surrounded by walls and with narrow streets. Our last objective will be Dracula’s Castle, a place between myth and reality. Explore the dark corners of the castle and take a journey in the history of the place.
The Peles Castle: This is one of the best-preserved royal palaces in Europe. It served as the summer residence of the first Hohenzollern king of Romania, Carol I. Built in the latter half of the 19th century, it was the king’s attempt to imitate the styles of his former homeland, creating a Bavarian setting in the mountains of Romania. The palace is decorated, inside and out, with intricate wood carvings and paintings of scenes form Wagner operas.
Bran Castle: Bran Castle, situated near Bran and in the immediate vicinity of Braşov, is a national monument and landmark in Romania. The fortress is situated on the border between Transylvania and Wallachia. Commonly known as „Dracula’s Castle”, it is marketed as the home of the titular character in Bram Stoker’s Dracula. There is, however, no evidence that Stoker knew anything about this castle. Furthermore, there are persistent myths that it was once the home of Vlad Ţepeş, ruler of Wallachia.
Council Square lies in the center of Brasov and is known for yearly markets and fairs since 1364. As market place it was visited from domestic and foreign merchants. However, Piata Sfatului was also used for public humiliation and punishment. The most prominent building of Piata Sfatului is the Council House (this for Council Square), which is just in the center of the place. The Council house was build in 1420. The Black Church Brasov: one of the largest Gothic Style monuments of Romania, it has a priceless value because of the treasures it still houses and for its historical past. Its name, The Black Church, comes from its black walls blackened by the great fire that raged through it in 1689.