Places to visit in targu mures
The palace was built between 1911-1913 after the plans of Komor Marcell and Jakab Dezső in secessionist style, its roof is covered by Zsolnay tiles. The hall from the ground-floor, the concert-hall, can pervious 800 persons. On its stage there appeared famous persons like Pablo Cassals, Jan Kubelik, George Enescu, David Ojsztrah and Bartók Béla. The ante-room is 45 meter long. The walls are covered with 12 lead-glass composition what were made for the 1914’s world-exhibition by Thorozkai-Wigand Ede and Nagy Sándor but the history chopped in: it broke the first W.W. The creations survived the second W.W. in the cellar. At its two ends there are venetian mirrors. The mirror-room is the smallest room of the palace, a real pearl. The art museum is on the third floor having over 1000 creations. In the library there are over 1 million volumes.
The Arcade House what was built to protect the passers from the rain already existed in the XV.th century as well. At the beginning of the XVIII.th century it was a dwelling-house and as it stood near the catholic school in 1732 it was bought by the catholic church to enlarge its school. Between 1787-1792 here functioned a barrack and after a school again until 1905. In 1873 originated a fire in what burned the roof and some upstairs hall. In 1974 it was renewed and there was built another stage on. In the XX.th century the stability of the building reeled because of an architectural abuse. In 1983-84 dew to the restoration works the building regained its original shape.
The middle-age fortress that can be seen today as well was built in XVII. was built in place of the fortified castle built in 1496 by Báthori István what was destroyed in the tartar-Turkish campaign of 1601. One year later in 1602 started the reconstruction works of the fortress. There were built seven bastions five of them by the town’s guilds. The common bastion of the shoemakers, furriers and locksmiths and the coopers, butchers, tailors, the Bathory and the Gate bastion is connected by a 10 m height wall. The 10 m wide and 8 m deep rampart served protective object that was stuffed at the beginning of the XXth century. Inside the wall sometimes there were buildings as well what were ruined in 1962 as they wanted to realize a leisure time center in place of it. They kept only the reformed church.
The ancient secession building of the town-hall was built between 1906-1907 over the city with its tower of 60 m. The plans were made by Komor Marcel and Jakab Dezső. The entire roof of the building and also the flower-decorations of the walls are enhancing due to the majolica laminas. The windows of the hall and council-chamber were decorated by lead-glass. Actually the building gives place to the County council and to the alderman’s office.